European laundered linen tumbled at the mill for softness. This linen is yarn-dyed, meaning the yarns are dyed before being woven. This linen is produced in small batches in Eastern Europe where there is a strong heritage of spinning and weaving linen fabric.
A classic soft linen gingham that comes in a couple of shades, suitable for dresses, tops, trousers, and slouchy jackets.
- White and dark petrol blue.
- 52% linen, 48% cotton.
- 150cm wide.
- 210gsm or 6.19oz
- Pattern repeat: 5.5cm.
- Wash at 30 degrees with a non-bio detergent. Do not tumble. Shake out and dry flat. Linen will always seize up after washing but as soon as you start to use/wear it the fibres relax again.
- If you are using this linen for curtains we recommend using a lining to prevent fading.
- Never dry linen in direct sunlight as the colour can bleach and fade.
- This linen is Oeko-Tex certified.
#WHO MADE ME?
There are some brands that inspire creativity. Merchant & Mills is top on our list. Their purpose is to make (or more precisely get YOU to make) clothes, not fashion. In curating and designing patterns, fabrics and tools, make our fingers itch to start designing, cutting and making. The two creators behind the brand are Carolyn Denham, who has a degree in Fashion Design and has worked in New York, Italy and London and Roderick Field, a respected photographer with works in the National Portrait Gallery and keeps the look of the brand through his gorgeous product photos.