Gorgeous 100% cotton jacquard fabrics. The reverse is a gauzy cotton, there is no batting in the middle of this cloth, the inside is made up of a series of thicker yarns which gives it the quilted feel. The top is a fine cotton. If possible we would advise overlocking your raw edges before sewing to prevent fraying.
We can see this being used for throws, quilts, quilted jackets, oversized cushions, and smaller cosmetic bags. We have three colours available in this material. Only available in 0.5M increments.
- 100% BCI cotton (The Better Cotton Initiative is a global not-for-profit organisation and the largest cotton sustainability programme in the world.)
- Aprox 120cm wide – has been pre-cut into aprox 5 meter sections.
- This fabric is prewashed.
- Made in India.
- There may be some white slubs throughout the cloth, these are not flaws.
- We recommend not using this for something that will sit in direct sunlight.
- This is only produced in 5m pieces, if you order over 5m’s it will not be sent in a continuous piece.
- Wash cool. Do not tumble. Shake out and dry flat. Iron cool.
- There will be colour variations between rolls. There may also be colour graduation over the piece.
#WHO MADE ME?
There are some brands that inspire creativity. Merchant & Mills is top on our list. Their purpose is to make (or more precisely get YOU to make) clothes, not fashion. In curating and designing patterns, fabrics and tools, make our fingers itch to start designing, cutting and making. The two creators behind the brand are Carolyn Denham, who has a degree in Fashion Design and has worked in New York, Italy and London and Roderick Field, a respected photographer with works in the National Portrait Gallery and keeps the look of the brand through his gorgeous product photos.