This is a traditional selvedge denim made in Japan with one selvedge edge in a marine blue and the other in ecru. Selvedge denim can be identified easily by the white and coloured edge. The jeans will be more durable and long lasting thanks to being self-edged and generally, due to the unique stitching, are more distinctive from other jeans. Selvedge denim jeans will keep their shape no matter how many times you wash them. This cloth is likely to soften and lighten in colour over time with continual washing. This is an overstock fabric (excess fabric from fashion designers, movie sets, and fabric mills etc.). It’s heavy wieght so perfect for jeans, aprons, pinafores, skirts etc.
- 100% Cotton
- Width: 82cm
- Weight: 300gsm (estimate)
- Color: Denim
- Care:Wash your denim on its own for the first wash and then wash inside out after that on a cool wash with low spin. To avoid getting creases in the fabric during the first wash, follow these instructions:
- Sink your denim in water before hand, letting it fully absorb, so you are putting in the denim already wet.
- If you can break up your denim fabric into half this will help.
- If any white creases develop iron whilst still damp.
- Do not tumble dry.Care: We recommend pre-washing your denim before sewing. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight denim into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the denim, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around.
#Who Made My Fabric?
Made in Japan and sourced from Merchant & Mills, who supply patterns, fabrics and tools that allowed the creation of a desirable functioning wardrobe. They’re all about getting away from fast fashion and slowing it down.