This is the best quality dry oilskin made in the United Kingdom.
It’s dark olive green. The finish is drier and crisper than other oilskins with a matte appearance. Unlike normal oilskin there would be no oil transfer, so you don’t need to line your garment or bag.
This type of oilskin is water-resistant, so this means that the water doesn’t completely run off it, but it won’t come through to the other side either.
Ideal for bags and accessories and particularly fab for an outdoor Top 64 and Landgate top.
- 7.2oz /245gsm.
- GOTS certified organic cotton.
- Made in the UK.
- Inspired by a 1910 patent for waterproofing textiles. It is treated with an emulsified wax which is heat-processed into the cloth for a longer-lasting finish and higher performance. The finish is vegan.
- This material can be washed by hand, but it would need re-proofing with a spray and the surface does change, so it is best to avoid any washing if you can.
- Cool setting iron or just finger press.
- Do not use any interfacing with this type of oilskin.
#WHO MADE ME?
There are some brands that inspire creativity. Merchant & Mills is top on our list. Their purpose is to make (or more precisely get YOU to make) clothes, not fashion. In curating and designing patterns, fabrics and tools, make our fingers itch to start designing, cutting and making. The two creators behind the brand are Carolyn Denham, who has a degree in Fashion Design and has worked in New York, Italy and London and Roderick Field, a respected photographer with works in the National Portrait Gallery and keeps the look of the brand through his gorgeous product photos.