Omilie is a smock top or dress featuring patch pockets and in-seam pockets (dress only) with a choice of two sleeve lengths.
- All seam allowances are 1.5cm unless stated otherwise and are included in the pattern.
- Skill level; Intermediate.
Suitable fabrics – light to medium weight wovens such as linen, brushed cotton, cotton lawn, cotton poplin, tencel, Indian handlooms or cotton double gauze.
What You Will Need
- Matching thread.
- 0.45M/0.5yd interfacing for top.
- 1.3M/1.5yd interfacing for dress.
- 6 x 11mm/ 0.5″ buttons for top.
- 12 x 11mm/ 0.5″ buttons for dress.
#WHO MADE ME?
There are some brands that inspire creativity. Merchant & Mills is top on our list. Their purpose is to make (or more precisely get YOU to make) clothes, not fashion. In curating and designing patterns, fabrics and tools, they make our fingers itch to start deisgning, cutting and making. The two creators behind the brand are Carolyn Denham, who has a degree in Fashion design and has worked in New York, Italy and London and Roderick Field, a respected photographer with works in the National Portrait Gallery and keeps the look of the brand through his gorgeous product photos.